Rapid Drupal Development using Features and Drush (Part II)
(Admin note: this is the second half of an hour-long session. Due to constraints, we could not mark off a whole hour, so we split it into two half-hour sessions)
In this session, we will discuss using the Features Module to build out reusable site functionality by pulling together content types, cck, views, context and more. We will focus on how we can use features to package these entities together into reusable modules to make site building faster and cheaper.
Using features, anyone building Drupal sites from freelancer to mainstream Drupal agencies can shave hours of development time off the beginning of their site building.
We will talk about:
- What the Features Module does
- How to build features from views, cck, content types, context, and more
- How to set up a Feature Server to share your features
- Using Drush Make to create your own distribtions for rapid deployment
- Adding custom hooks to your feature
- Using exportables and installation profiles with features.
Sitebuilders, freelancers, and organizations that want to save time when developing websites for clients.
Matthew Connerton is a Drupal evangelist, module maintainer, and freelance developer out of Asheville, NC.